Types of personal information collected
- name, address(es), telephone number(s), date of birth and other contact details;
- electronic address(es);
- digital image of a person;
- payment information (such as credit card or bank details);
- other personal information required to provide our website, products or services, such as financial information or other information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself;
- transaction details relating to your use of our website, products or services; or
- other information from your interaction with our website, products or services, such as the content and webpages you access, your IP address, device identifiers, type of device you are using, you network information, geo location information or web log data.
We will not collect sensitive information from you or any third party.
You do not have to provide us with any personal information, however if you do not do so we may not be able to provide the content, products or services you have requested from us or through other third parties.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information directly from you, which may include any or all of the following:
- when you submit personal information directly to us, which may include through our website or mobile applications;
- in person;
- in the course of providing our website or our products or services you have requested either directly from us or through third parties, which may include when you access or interact with our website, products or services, creating any accounts with us, processing your transactions, submitting any forms with us or signing up to newsletters, updates or information relating to our content, products, services or benefits; or
- when you have other dealings with us
We may also collect personal information through any or all of the following collection channels:
- our related bodies corporate;
- our business partners; or
- third parties to whom you have provided your personal information (such as other users of our website, products or services, third parties who supply content, products, services or benefits to us or information shared from third parties, such as login credentials from third party websites such as Facebook and Twitter or your bank details from third party providers).
Why we collect, use and disclose personal information
We will collect personal information for all or any of the following purposes:
- in order to facilitate or provide you with our website, products or services and information about our website, products or services, (which may include the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on our websites, downloading and accessing our content or mobile applications, processing purchase transactions, provision of marketing materials, newsletters, electronic newsletters (e-newsletters), news and media releases / launch information or to advise you of our other or third party products, services, offers, competitions or events which may be of interest);
- as required by law, order of a court, tribunal or regulator or if we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary for enforcement related activities;
- to develop new websites, content, products or service features;
- to maintain, protect, develop, improve or customize our website, products or services (such as our system administration, to provide customized features, tools, marketing or promotions based on your preferences, to provide you with support, to provide website, product or service updates or to prevent, detect and investigate any actual or suspected illegal activity, security concerns or breaches);
- to ensure we receive payment of any fees owing to us or third parties;
- to conduct research and obtain opinions or comments about our website, products or services;
- to develop and maintain our relationships with you, our service providers, our business partners and other users of our website, products or services;
- to generate data and reports on an aggregated, non-personally identifiable basis for both internal and third party use, but subject to any applicable laws (for example, we may record statistical data for marketing analysis, to conduct market research and show trends relating to the general use of our website, content, products or services);
- to permit content (such as postings or third party advertisements on our websites) to be targeted, on an aggregate basis, to the users for whom it is most likely to be relevant;
- to contact you in relation to our website, products or services (such as sending you any information, technical, administrative or legal notices) or answer any inquiry you, our business partners, service providers or other users of our website, content, products, services or benefits may make;
- for the purposes of resolving disputes between users or issues experienced by users when using our websites, products or services;
- for reporting purposes, such as to credit reporting bodies; or
- to fulfil our obligations under any contract you have with us.
We may also disclose your personal information which you or a third party (such as our related bodies corporate, business partners, service providers or other users of our website, products or services) provide to us, to third parties who work with us in our business in order to provide, promote or improve our website, products or services (and related information) to you, which may include all or any of the following:
- our related bodies corporate;
- our business partners;
- other users of our website, products or services;
- third party service providers, suppliers and contractors (such as for accounting, invoicing and billing purposes, data storage, conducting research, processing payments, providing technical services, credit reporting bodies);
- marketing consultants, promotions companies and website hosts;
- other consultants and professional advisers; or
- other third parties to whom you explicitly request or consent us to disclose your personal information to.
We will also use and disclose your personal information to send direct marketing to you from all or any of the following:
- our related bodies corporate;
- our business partners; or
- other third parties who provide content, products, services or benefits to us (such as our service providers or other users of our website, products or services).
The direct marketing may relate to all or any of the following:
- our website, products or services;
- the content, products or services of our business partners or other third parties who provide content, products, services or benefits to us (such as our service providers or other users of our website, products or services); or
- new developments we believe may be of interest to you.
You may opt-out of receiving this direct marketing through the unsubscribe function that will be made available to you with each direct marketing communication.
How we store and protect personal information
We store personal information in a combination of computer storage facilities, paper-based files and other records. In so doing, we have taken numerous steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Additionally, we take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when we no longer need it.
The internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, other than where we use secure socket layer technology (SSL) to ensure information is securely transmitted and processed, we cannot and do not accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the internet, or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
Do we send personal information overseas?
How you can access your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. If your personal details change, or the personal details you provide to us changes, such as address or phone number, you can update your details via your account with us or please contact our Privacy Officer by email or at the address detailed below.
At your request, we will provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about you, unless an exception under the relevant privacy law applies. We may charge a fee for retrieving this information, in which case we will inform you of the fee and obtain your agreement to that fee before providing the information.
We will promptly acknowledge and investigate any complaint about the way we manage personal information.
Information is also generated whenever a page is accessed on our website that records information such as the time, date and specific page. We collect such information for statistical and maintenance purposes that enables us to continually evaluate our website performance.
How to contact us or make a complaint
The Privacy Officer
Alt Fin Pty Ltd
Address: Stone and Chalk c/o LoanDolphin, Level 4, 11 York Street, Sydney NSW 2000
We will take reasonable steps to remedy any issues resulting from our failure to comply with our privacy obligations.